This page allows you to manage your LDAP tree structure, so that you may sort the other objects in branches later.
You can create:
- Department: Think of this as the LDAP equivalent of a folder, it’s the basic container for organizing objects in your LDAP.
- Country: You may use this if your activity is spread over several countries and you want to reflect that in your tree.
- Domain Component: You may use that to reflect your DNS in your tree
- Domain: Same as above but if you want to put the whole domain as only one node (ie d=example.com instead of dc=example,dc=com)
- Locality: You may use this if your activity is spread over several locations and you want to reflect that in your tree.
- Organization: May represent a company or any other kind of organization.